ModifiedMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Insurgent's GM Application

4 posters

Go down

Insurgent's GM Application Empty Insurgent's GM Application

Post  Insurgent Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:54 pm

Apparently my tabbing didn't carry when copy and pasting this. I did the best I could do without it =/

My GM Application

1. About Me
........A. Name: Michael Loomer

........B. Player Name: Insurgent

........C. Time Zone: UTC/GMT -6 hours

........D. Hours of Play:
................• Monday-Friday: ~5 hours (between 5pm-2am)
................• Sunday & Saturday: ~5-10 hours (Anytime)

........E. What I’m like:
I’m a 17 year old male in high school. I played an islander in GMS since November ’05, but a year ago I quit and started playing private servers. I have a decent amount of knowledge about MapleStory. I like to try and find glitches or bugs on private servers, not to abuse them but to help get them fixed. I’m nice and mature, and I’m not arrogant nor do I consider myself to be rude, though I do get sarcastic at times. I’ll always help people regarding whatever mood I’m in though. I party a lot on weekends and may occasionally log on while drunk or on something, but I can easily control myself, and I won’t log on when I’m in that condition if you worry about damage I could cause.

2. Experience / Skills:
........• 2005-2008 GMS Islander
........• ~2006-2008 Video Creator (Examples from a long time ago: www.youtube.com/user/CanUProductions)
........• No Coding experience. I am starting to study up on java script but not nearly capable of doing anything with it yet.
........• Was a GM on a friends little private server for fun, but never in a big server. Never applied anywhere either though.

3. How GMs are suppose to act in my eyes:
A GM should be respectable, mature, and not overly emotional. They should listen to both sides of an argument before picking a side, and never make biased decisions. GMs should help people whenever available, be active, and not act like a little kid; Since a GM is someone you should look up to, not look down upon. They should know how to fix most problems and know the solutions to most answerable questions. GMs should also still respect players as well and not see themselves as being high and mighty.

4. Why I want to be a GM:

I don’t really want to host events, nor do I feel the hacker population is large enough to need another GM currently, and most people only need help by needing answers to questions I can answer regardless of my status. The only reason I feel that ModifiedMs needs another GM is for creating MSIs and coding. Sadly I currently don’t have any coding abilities, but I can make MSI objects for the players. I can also keep trying to find bugs and glitches, but once again I don’t need to be a GM to do that, and will continue regardless of my position.

5. How I would be different if I was a GM:
As stated above, I wouldn’t act any different. I’d keep voting and advertising as I have been, I know the reason you have these applications is so you can find the best players for the job, and I won’t be rude or immature about it If I don’t get selected. The only difference if I did become a GM is the increase to the options of how to help people.

6. What I would do if I was a GM:
........A. Events:
I would host them if needed, but I don’t have much desire for them. Only Jump Quests seem to be unbiased events in my eyes.

........B. Answer Questions:
As stated above, I would always answer questions, regardless of my position.

........C. Problems:
................• Hackers:
Ban them immediately after getting proof
................• Kill Stealers
Find out who was on the map first, then I’d warn the other person(s) to leave and if they do not then warp them away. If it continues to be a problem then I would jail people.
................• Arguments
Check and see if the argument even needs GM interference, since were not your parents. If so, find out the problem and fix it or decide the solution if possible.

........D. Create MSIs <3

7. Conclusion:
I’d do my best as a GM, and I would take the position really seriously. Thanks.
Insurgent
Insurgent

Back to top Go down

Insurgent's GM Application Empty Re: Insurgent's GM Application

Post  Pixel Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:30 pm

Now you people can't complain about how people who make GM apps never get the job.
Pixel
Pixel

Back to top Go down

Post  Shydude Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:51 pm

Best gm app. I swear someone will copy and Paste this app someday for their own purposes.
Shydude
Shydude

Back to top Go down

Insurgent's GM Application Empty fsejon ujehrsgujhnrf

Post  Donut Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:46 pm

least expected people always get chose lol anyways nice pick pixel insuregent is like another u...

Donut

https://www.youtube.com/xXsindextXx

Back to top Go down

Post  junglist Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:43 pm

Insurgent is not another pixel. Different persons, end.
Yes, the best application from what i've read here.
Good decision, taking you as a gm Smile

junglist

Back to top Go down

Post  Pixel Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:45 pm

junglist wrote:Insurgent is not another pixel. Different persons, end.
Yes, the best application from what i've read here.
Good decision, taking you as a gm Smile

So now you've stopped complaining at every single fucking thing I do?
Pixel
Pixel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down